News:

Wren (to Heidi): having my hair in braids makes puking so easy. i am being an Indian every Halloween

Board Rules

Started by Aurashka, October 15, 2005, 11:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurashka

October 15, 2005, 11:34:26 AM Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:52:13 AM by Ash Leone
I really prefer to keep things loose here, so I won't be too Nazi-ish in the rules.  More will be added as needed, but as of now the Rules are:

1) When registering a character, the username you choose is supposed to be your character's name, first and surname. The only ones allowed to go without surname are vampires.  Also be sure to fill in the registration form completely when registering; if you leave any fields empty, the registration won't go through, and you'll have lost what you wrote. You're welcome to use notes such as "Will fill in later" (for example if your online time is limited), but please remember that your character won't be validated while it's incomplete.

2) No trying to control other's characters. This is called godmodding, and it is a NO NO. You must allow the other RPer to respond, even if they are only reacting to something they have little control over, you cannot explain their reaction, they must.

3) This board is rated PG-13 for violence and language. That allows for a lot of freedom, but don't be insane, and post warnings if you're getting more serious. Some people don't want to read about certain types of situations, and it will not be tolerated if you go past the rating outside of the designated forum.  Swearing is realistic with most of these characters, as is violence, so both are certainly allowed in the forum.  If you don't like it, you've been warned.

We have a Broom Closet for posts rated above PG-13 for sexual reasons. Access to this requires admin approval to see and post in the forum and can be gained by PMing an admin. Please state your age when you do so.

4) You must play your character within reason. Vampires are stronger than humans, but not invincible. A human cannot arm wrestle a vampire and win, and so on.

5) No canon characters without permission! Since no one's opinion of how a canon character is coincides with another's, that would complicate things too much for it to be allowed, and we prefer to see you make your own characters.

6) All threads should be marked as being Open if they are, or be tagged to someone if they aren't (or simply state in an OOC comment that entry is by invite only).  This will avoid confusion, and allow all to post more smoothly together.

7) Out of character comments should be made in an In Character post.  Avoid entirely OOC posts in an IC thread whenever you can, and posts should be made in third person, past tense and at least a good sized paragraph in length.  Don't make me require a specific length, please.

8) Above all else have fun!

Please Note: ALL characters and settings not directly owned by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are copywritten to their respective players; the forum, name (Night's Omen), set-up and all likenesses are copywritten to Darren & Rhi circa 2004-2007. All rights reserved.